Who are we looking for?
Red Meat Games is searching for an experienced Game Designer for our Halifax, Nova Scotia studio – Are you interested in joining an amazingly awesome team?
- Have the skills to work with very little supervision
- You are very creative and able to make solid decisions regarding game design and level creation
- Work closely with the Art team to create high-quality levels that maintain the style of the game world
- Have a solid grasp in game design (puzzle creation, enemy behaviour, gameplay design) and level layout
- Solid experience with Unity and Unity plugins, basic understanding of image editing for outlining puzzle and level layouts, programming experience is a bonus
- 5+ years experience in the games industry/5+ games shipped
- Strong examples of level design, level layouts, and gameplay design work in portfolio
- Demonstrated creativity with puzzle design
- Ability to collaborate closely with the engineering and art teams to effectively convey design ideas and be able to work with the other teams to come up with ways to make the ideas more efficient
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Design Lead Understand and maintain production pipeline and workflow
- Meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Motivated and a great team player
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of what drives player experiences and what makes players excited
Nice but not necessary:
- A passion for games with a deep understanding of top grossing gaming products
- Programming experience
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefit package (health, dental, and vision), including general time off policies.
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events and get-togethers.