Who are we looking for?
Red Meat Games is searching for an experienced Network Programmer for our Halifax, Nova Scotia studio – Are you interested in joining an amazingly awesome team?
You will be responsible for development of the networking features of the next title we will be working on across several platforms which include Steam, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network. You will be developing online features and work closely with gameplay and designer teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience with Unity.
- Shipped at least one console title with multiplayer functionality.
- Experience with C# or C++ programming, ideally in the video game industry.
- Experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry.
- Experience with online frameworks, services and network optimization.
- Experience with developing online features that interact with Xbox Live or Playstation Network and experience in current gen console requirements (PS4/XboxOne).
- Experience with services like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure is an asset.
The Meaty Goods:
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, and vision), including general time off policies.
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company-paid outings, events and get-togethers.
Become One Of Us!:
Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, and a link to your portfolio, to meat [@] redmeatgames (.) ca and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Red Meat Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.